07 May 2021

Returning To An Old Hobby

So, it’s been nearly twenty-five years since I last played a role-playing game, then, toward the end of 2019, I opened up a cupboard I hadn’t looked in for twenty years and found some of my old games and notes. Out of curiosity, I looked on-line to see the state of the hobby today and found it was looking very healthy indeed, and not a little unchanged thanks to the growth of the internet, the arrival of print-on-demand services, and the impact of the Open Game Licence.

With my interest renewed, I very gradually found myself buying some new games and new editions of some old ones, and have now purchased a virtual table-top licence with a view to starting to play and run games again.

I’ll be using this blog to post my thoughts and progress as I work toward a return to my old hobby. I’ll also be using it to post some ideas, and material that I develop which I think might be of use or interest to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arming the Empire

I needed to come up with a selection of weapons for the 3WE. For the Royal Marines, I needed them to be familiar to the popular selection of...