08 May 2021

Retro-Future Green Screen Images for the Alien RPG

 

Among some of the more interesting new games that have come to my attention are those from Free League, a Swedish publisher. Forbidden Lands, Vaesen, Tales From the Loop, Things From the Flood, and Alien have all found their way into my collection. At some point, I will have things to same about all of them, and in particular, the Year Zero Engine, which is the game system they all share.

Alien is one of the games that I’m most interested in running and this has led me to try my hand at producing some material for use in play.

I am not an artist or designer, so to produce the images I wanted, I sourced some 3D models which I rendered in some inexpensive software, and then hacked about with the results to try and achieve a green screen effect.

The results are a bit amateurish and a hodgepodge while I figure out what I want to do. I’ll post improved results as I get them but in the meantime, I’ll post what I’ve done so far in case something might be of use to someone else.


 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Arming the Empire

I needed to come up with a selection of weapons for the 3WE. For the Royal Marines, I needed them to be familiar to the popular selection of...